10/10: Drilling in the Arctic National Wild Refuge
Drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge has been included in the Senate budget with a vote expected on Wednesday, October 18th. Critical habitat in the Refuge and the integrity of species that depend upon it could be forever destroyed. Senator Gardner is perhaps a pivotal vote.
SENATE BILL #:
Senate FY18 Budget Resolution (no number assigned yet)
SUGGESTED MEMBER SCRIPT:
“Hi, my name is …, I’m a constituent from “i.e., Durango” zip code 81***. I am calling [writing] today to ask Senator Gardner to not allow any executive or congressional action that would allow drilling or development in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.”
WHO TO CONTACT :
Senator Cory Gardner
(970) 415-7416 (Durango) (202) 224-5941 (DC Office)
Denver Fax: (202) 228-7171
DC Fax: (202) 224-6524
- Post on social media – Sample content:
- @SenCoryGardner oppose any executive or congressional action that opens the Arctic Refuge to drilling. #ProtectTheArctic
· @SenCoryGardner protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge by leaving the Refuge closed to drilling. #ProtectTheArctic
· @SenCoryGardner no fossil fuel development in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. #ProtectTheArctic
· @SenCoryGardner protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for future generations. #ProtectTheArctic
a. Twitter: https://twitter.com/SenCoryGardner
c. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sencorygardner/
WHEN TO CALL OR WRITE:
As soon as possible. The Senate may vote as early as
October 18 2017.
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT:
If this budget passes as written, among other irreparable damage, pristine polar bear and caribou habitat in the Arctic Refuge could be forever lost to oil fields.
For further information, click on link below: